What is a Nootropic?
Nootropics or smart drugs are well-known compounds or supplements that may enhance cognitive performance. They work by increasing mental functions such as memory, attention, creativity, and motivation.
- Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) In the body, beta-carotene converts into vitamin A (retinol). We need vitamin A for good vision and eye health, a robust immune system, and to fight cognitive disorders like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vitamin C, an essential vitamin, is needed to grow, develop, and repair all body tissues. It may boost antioxidant levels, lower blood pressure, improve iron absorption, and reduce heart disease and dementia risk.
- Riboflavin use includes increasing energy levels, boosting immune system function, anti-aging, including Alzheimer's disease, and boosting athletic performance.
- Niacin is a B vitamin made and used by your body to turn food into energy. It helps keep your nervous system, digestive system, and skin healthy.
- Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCL) is required by your body to produce red blood cells, allowing for proper nerve functioning. It supports the immune system and helps maintain normal blood glucose levels.
- Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) is a man-made form of vitamin B12 used to prevent and treat low blood levels of B12 deficiency anemia. It is essential in red cell metabolism.
- Grape Seed Extract – Contains Proanthocyanidin and may protect the blood vessels and cardiovascular system. It does this by stopping the breakdown of collagen. And may reduce the risk of a heart attack and stroke. Since ancient Greece, people have used grapes for medicinal purposes.
- Coffee Fruit is a nootropic supplement, a type of energy-boosting supplement that may help with brain function and mental focus. It may increase the percentage of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), a complex protein responsible for multiple brain functions like neuron growth. This directly correlates to the brain’s plasticity, which is the ability to learn and memorize things.
- Phosphatidylserine is a chemical that is important for many functions in the human body, especially in the brain. Phosphatidylserine is used forAlzheimer's disease and average age-related decline in memory and thinking skills. It is also used for athletic performance and ADHD.
- DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) DMAE may have some benefits for skin, hyperactivity, mood, thinking ability, and memory. Medical practitioners increasingly favor it for its role in boosting brainpower. DMAE has shown positive results in treating various cognitive and disruptive disorders, including attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and memory lapses.
- L-Tyrosine is a synthetic version of the amino acid used to create more thyroid and adrenal hormones.
- L-Leucine is an amino acid used by the body mainly to build muscle and provide energy. It’s used to improve strength during exercise and muscle recovery times. This makes it a popular supplement among athletes and gym members.
- Citicoline is praised for its cognition-enhancing properties among the young and elderly alike. Citicoline increases the production of neurotransmitters and cellular building blocks. It works by balancing neurotransmitters and protecting the nervous system from oxidative and age-related damage.
- Bacon Monnieri has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine, either alone or combined with other herbs.
- Cat’s Claw Bark Powder Use of Cat’s Claw dates back 2,000 years for various health conditions, including viral infections, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and arthritis.
- Rosemary Leaf Powder The herb has been hailed since ancient times for its medicinal properties. Rosemary was traditionally used to help alleviate muscle pain, improve memory, and boost the immune and circulatory systems.
- Saffron might theoretically help with Alzheimer’ssymptoms due to its memory-enhancing properties and its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Turmeric Root Powder and especially its most active compound, curcumin — have many scientifically proven health benefits, such as the potential to improve heart health and prevent Alzheimer's and cancer. It's a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Powder Ginkgo is one of the oldest tree species in the world. Benefits of use may include improved thinking and memory, better social behavior, better ability to perform everyday tasks, and improved symptoms of Alzheimer's and dementia.
- Rhodiola Rosea Root Powder has been used to increase cognition improve learning and memoryfunction, reduce stress, combat fatigue, increase mental performance and improve physical and mental fitness.